Exciting news for SXSWedu 2017 is here! We are pleased to announce the 10 startup finalists that have been selected to compete in the sixth annual Launch competition. Additionally, the online schedule of sessions and events is also now available for you to explore by date, time and location. We've also added a number of films, Policy Forum sessions, mentors, summits and more for the Conference & Festival.
Explore today's announcement and register to attend SXSWedu by Friday, January 13 to save $100 off the walk-up rate. Already registered? Don't forget to book your stay! Hotels are selling quickly, so book with SXSWedu Housing & Travel to enjoy the low conference rates.
Launch Finalists Announced to Compete in March
SXSWedu showcases innovations in education with a fast-paced, live startup competition. Ten early-stage education startups have been selected as finalists to participate in the sixth annual Launch event.
- Adjunct Professor Link (Valparaiso, IN)
- ALEX, Anyone’s Learning Experience (Washington Township, NJ)
- ASD Reading (Las Vegas, NV)
- Cell-Ed (Palo Alto, CA)
- LlamaZOO (Victoria, BC)
- Quizling – the Knowledge Game! (Canberra, Australia)
- Sown to Grow (Oakland, CA)
- Teachers Connect (Boston, MA)
- The Graide Network (Chicago, IL)
- The Whether powered by Better Weekdays (Saint Louis, MO)
Exciting Programming Just Announced
- New for 2017, Expo Talks will take place on Monday, March 6 during the expanded Expo event open exclusively to SXSWedu registrants. The Expo will feature exhibitors, programming, and a morning mixer.
The Rather Prize: The Best Idea to Improve TX Edu
Partnerships that Iterate - A Case Study
Teen Entrepreneurs Gain Empathy And Self-Awareness
- Additional Policy Forum sessions, elevating discussions that impact public and higher education, just added to the schedule.
Digital Equity: Power of Community Collaboration
Is Educational Innovation Overrated?
- Several poignant narratives and documentaries focusing on various aspects of education selected to screen as part of the Films program.
The Beginning of Life
Starving the Beast
Teach Us All
- More summits, a facet of programming that can range in length from three hours to multi-day engagements, scheduled.
Equity in Design, EdTech and Curriculum
Escaping Boring Learning (Literally!)
From Compliance to Engagement
- Lastly, a number of new mentors have been confirmed to share their insights with attendees through one-on-one facilitated meetings.
Diana Rogers Adkinson
Join Us March 6-9, 2017 in Austin, Texas
The Conference & Festival features four days of compelling sessions, in-depth workshops, engaging learning experiences, mentorship, film screenings, startup events, policy-centered discussions, business opportunities, networking, and so much more! Take advantage of discount savings by purchasing your registration badge for the event before this Friday's discount deadline.
Launch Startup Finalists photo courtesy of LlamaZOO Team.