SXSWedu 2017 is shaping up to be the best year yet! To help you spread the word about your participation in the SXSWedu Conference & Festival, we've put together this toolkit, complete with resources, samples and tips.
Sharable Social Media Images
Download and share any of the social media images below by clicking on the options to access the full-sized graphic(s). Each social image is sized for sharing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also embed the images on your website or in blog posts.
Suggested Social Media Post
Copy and paste any of the sample social media messages, including the provided short link, and share on social media. Alternatively, you can craft your own message about SXSWedu to share with the images provided below.
- I'm speaking at #SXSWedu 2017! Add my session to your schedule for March: [Insert Unique Session Link]
- Register now to join me at @SXSWedu, March 6-9, 2017. Don't forget to star my session in the schedule: [Insert Unique Session Link]
- I can't wait to speak at @SXSWedu 2017 in Austin! Learn more about my session and add it to your event schedule. [Insert Unique Session Link]
Sample Instagram Captions
- I've been selected to speak at the 2017 #SXSWedu Conference & Festival! Don't miss my session, [Insert Session Title].
- Register now to join me at @SXSWedu, March 6-9, 2017. Don't forget to star my session, [Insert Session Title], in the schedule.
- I can't wait to speak at @SXSWedu 2017 in Austin! Learn more about my session [Insert Session Title] and add it to your event schedule.
Sample Facebook Captions
- Join me at @SXSWedu in Austin this March, I've been selected to present, [Insert Session Title], [Insert Unique Session Link].
- Looking forward to the 2017 @SXSWedu Conference & Festival. My session, [Insert Session Title], was selected for the program. [Insert Unique Session Link]
- I can't wait to speak at @SXSWedu 2017 in Austin! Learn more about my session [Insert Session Title] and add it to your event schedule. [Insert Unique Session Link]
If your organizations is looking to celebrate your participation at SXSWedu 2017 via a press release or media advisory, please feel free to include the SXSWedu boilerplate and contact information, as seen below.
The SXSWedu® Conference & Festival fosters and celebrates innovations in learning by hosting a diverse and energetic community of stakeholders across a variety of backgrounds in education. The annual four-day event affords registrants open access to engaging sessions, immersive workshops, interactive learning experiences, film screenings, early-stage startups, business opportunities and networking. Through collaboration, creativity and social action, SXSWedu empowers its global community to Connect. Discover. Impact. SXSWedu is a component of the South by Southwest® family of conferences and festivals. Join the passionate and innovative community at SXSWedu, March 6-9, 2017 in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit http://sxswedu.com.
Browse through all of the sessions and events planned for SXSWedu 2017 in the schedule. Use the share features to promote your individual session or event on social media.
a Activate your eduSocial account, the official SXSWedu networking and messaging platform, to interact with other attendees before, during and after the event.
Tips for Promoting Your Participation at SXSWedu
Use the Official Hashtag: #SXSWedu
Using the official hashtag is a best practice that helps make your post discoverable for other attendees. Monitoring the hashtag on social media also allows you to discover what other attendees are up to and excited about leading up to and during the event. Lastly, it provides a window into the event for users unable to physically attend the event this year.
Share Your Unique Session/Event Link
Each individual session or event scheduled for SXSWedu 2017 has a unique link in the online schedule. Sharing this link with the community will help guarantee attendance during your session or event because this is the platform that attendees will use to build their personal schedule for the event. Encourage the community to "star your session" or "add your session to their schedule."
PanelPicker: Promote Your Proposal to Encourage Community Votes and Comments
Use the graphics provided below to help promote your PanelPicker proposal and create more interest during the community voting window.
Sample Tweets to Promote Your PanelPicker Proposal:
- I'm in the running to speak at @SXSWedu. Log into #PanelPicker to vote on my idea! http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote
- Select my @SXSWedu 2017 session idea by voting in #PanelPicker! http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote
- Vote for my session idea to be selected for #SXSWedu 2017! http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote