TES Innovative Educators Scholarship to SXSWedu Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE GIVEAWAY PERIOD. BY ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
2. Entry Period. The entry period for the "TES Innovative Educators Scholarship to SXSWedu” (“Giveaway"), sponsored by SXSW, LLC. ("Sponsor"), begins at 12:00pm CT on November 5, 2015, and ends at 6:00pm CT on January 31, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Entries must be received before the Entry Period ends to be eligible to win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Proof of submitting a Giveaway entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt of entry into the Giveaway. Any attempted form of entry into the Giveaway other than as described herein is void.
3. Eligibility. The Giveaway is open to individuals who meet the following criteria: (a) are practicing educators; (b) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (c) a legal resident of and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, United States territories, possessions, and protectorates, foreign based United States military installations and wherever restricted or prohibited by law )(“Entrant”). Neither Sponsor nor employees of Sponsor and all of their respective partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively the “Giveaway Entities”) are eligible to participate in the Giveaway and/or win a Prize (as defined below). Additionally, immediate family members of such employees and persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to win. By entering this Giveaway, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and cannot be challenged or appealed.
Entrant must access the Social Media platform of Entrant’s choice and briefly describe, on that Social Media platform through Entrant’s account, how the Entrant is innovating the classroom experience with accompanying media, which may include photo(s) and/or video(s)(“Materials”). Entrant must use the hashtag #TesInnovates along with the Materials to complete the Social Media submission. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Entrant owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Materials, and Entrant’s use of the Materials will not infringe the rights of any third party.
Sponsor strictly prohibits any Entrant from incorporating, and reserves the right to disqualify an Entry containing content into an Entry that is defamatory, obscene, inappropriate or contains unauthorized content owned by a third party.
5. Limit. Limit of one Entry per person. If there is a dispute about who an email address belongs to, it will be deemed submitted by the email account holder. If multiple Entries are received by the same account holder, only the first Entry by that account holder will be considered and subsequent Entries will be disqualified.
6.Condition of Entry. Each Entrant, as a condition of Entry, agrees that Entrant has not purchased any kind of Internet service whatsoever in order to participate in and/or enter the Giveaway.
7. Winner Selection. One Hundred (100) winners will be selected by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, judged by the following criteria: (a) the innovativeness of the Entry; (b) the incorporation of new techniques in the classroom into the Entry; (c) how impactful the activities depicted in the Entry are on education; and (d) the creativity of the Entry. The winner of the Prize (defined below) is referred to hereafter as “Prizewinner.”
8. Prize. The Giveaway prize is determined by Sponsor and consists of a registration badge to SXSWedu 2016 (“Prize”). The total approximate retail value of each Prize is U.S. Four Hundred Ninety Five Dollars ($495.00). Each Prizewinner will receive a direct message via Social Media requesting an email address for Sponsor to provide the Prizewinner with a coupon code for the Prize. No cash substitution will be made. The Prizewinner is solely responsible for any fees, travel arrangements, or other costs associated with attending SXSWedu 2016. SXSW will not replace any lost, stolen, or mutilated Prize. Each Prizewinner agrees to execute any further contracts or releases provided by Sponsor in order to receive the Prize (“Documents”). An Entrant is not a Prizewinner until Sponsor has, in its discretion, verified Entrant’s eligibility. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the offered Prize is no longer available.
9. Notification. The Sponsor will contact each Prizewinner through the applicable Social Media platform to notify the Prizewinner that he/she is the Prizewinner and may announce the Prizewinner on Sponsor’s social media platforms in Sponsor’s sole discretion following Sponsor’s confirmation of Entrant’s eligibility. For Prizewinner information, please email email@example.com. Prizewinner must execute and return to Sponsor any Documents required by Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours following the date the Prizewinner is selected in order for Prizewinner to actually receive the Prize. Prizewinner’s refusal or failure to execute any Documents requested by Sponsor will result in disqualification and an alternate Entry and Prizewinner will be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. Taxes & Expenses. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibilities of the winner. All expenses not specifically part of the prize, including transportation, are the responsibility of the winner. All winners must agree to the SXSW Registration Terms and Conditions when they register for their SXSWedu 2016 badge.
12. Ownership and License. All Giveaway Entries, including but not limited to the Materials, videos, written essays, etc. submitted by Entrant (“Submission”) are the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be returned. Entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable and perpetual license, without further compensation or attribution to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt or display Submission for any purpose, in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe for the duration of the copyright in the Submission. Entrant is not authorized to use Sponsor’s trademark or copyrights in any manner.
13. Disclaimers & Limitations on Liability. Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall not be liable for losses or injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with Entrant’s Entry into the Giveaway, acceptance, possession, and/or use of a Prize or participation in the Giveaway.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, or misdirected entries, or any technical malfunctions of the transmission line, computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrant also agrees that Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to Entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Giveaway and its prizes. Sponsor is not liable for damage to Entrant’s computer system in any way due to Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or downloading any information in connection with the Giveaway, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Giveaway in the event that it becomes technically corrupted.
14. Governing Law. This Giveaway will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue will be the state and federal courts in Austin, TX for any disputes arising out of this Giveaway.
15. Mailing List. By entering the Giveaway, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other materials from Sponsor. You may update or change your email preferences and notifications here: http://sxsw.com/newsletters/update
This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., or Instagram, Inc.
This Giveaway is run by SXSW, LLC, P.O. Box 685289, Austin, TX 78768. SXSW, LLC is solely responsible for running the Giveaway and awarding the Prize. SXSW reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at its discretion at any time.