SXSWedu Launch showcases innovations in education with a fast-paced, live startup competition. The sixth annual launch competition will take place at SXSWedu, March 6-9, 2017 in Austin, Texas.
Early-stage companies seeking feedback, investment, strategic partnerships and exposure are invited to apply online for consideration in the 2017 competition.
- Have launched an early stage startup company in the education market.
- Be incorporated with a management team and public facing website.
- Be able to convey a sustainable business model.
- Be able to demonstrate user traction, engagement and adoption metrics.
- Must not have raised over $2 million in funds from combined funding sources at time of application.
- Be passionate about helping students achieve a successful education.
|Tuesday, June 28||Launch Application Opens|
|Friday, October 28||Launch Application Closes|
|December||Launch Startup Finalists Selected|
|January||Launch Startup Finalists Announced|
Judges, Coaches and Emcees
SXSWedu relies on the expertise of a handpicked group of judges, coaches and an emcee. Based on these participants demonstrated business and investment experience they are qualified to help determine the viability of a startup. These experts play a key role in the event and help guide the exciting Launch competition.
SXSWedu Launch photo by Diego Donamaria